The Papers of A. E. Dick Howard
Scope and Contents
Addendum [b]: Lectures and Speeches: this collection consists of files related to lectures and speeches given by Professor Howard. The files include correspondence, memoranda, programs, notes, and printed materials .
Addendum [c]: consist of campaign materials from the 1970 Referendum on the Constitution of Virginia.
Addendum [d]: consist of files about the [Virginia] Governor Fellows Program; Governor’s Commission on Campaign Finance Reform, Government Accountability, and Ethics (Ethics Commission); Project on Constitution and Democracy in Central and Eastern Europe (Please see: Papers of Professor A. E. Dick Howard re Central and Eastern European new constitutions: MSS 2013 – 1a); ERA – Task Force on the Effect of Ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment on the Law of Virginia; Miller v. Ayres and Howell v. McAuliffe; Miscellaneous UVA Files related to University of Virginia Committee on Virginia Status of University Students (1972) and Law School lists of reading materials for Prof. Howard’s classes.
Addendum [e]: contains materials that were used to launch a curriculum for a new course on environmental law at the University of Virginia Law School, taught by professors A. E. Dick Howard and Mason Willrich. These papers include correspondence with professors and lawyers at other institutions, research materials for pertinent subjects, and class materials such as syllabi, lectures, and student papers.
- Howard, A. E. Dick (Person)
34.5 Cubic Feet (82 archival boxes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Albania -- Politics and government
- Baltic States -- Politics and government -- 1940-1991
- Bork, Robert H., 1927-2012
- Europe, Central -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Europe, Eastern -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Howard, A. E. Dick
- Judges -- Selection and appointment -- United States
- Kennedy, Edward M., 1932-2009
- Law -- Study and teaching
- University of Virginia. School of Law
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script