Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 45
Record Group — Ledger: 1
Identifier: RG 23/4/25
Content Description Scrapbook of the Theta Kappa Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (1974-1975; 0.10 cubic feet). Album contains photographs, flyers, certificates, and other ephemera.
Record Group — Box: 1
Identifier: RG 23/3/1
Content Description Typed scripts, musical score, and newspaper clipping relating to the musical The Visiting Girl, authored by Nevil G. Henshaw and Jesse B. Hull for production by the Arcadians.
Collection — Box: 1
Content Description This collection contains one notebook with handwritten notes on lectures at the University of Virginia Law School, with likely some earlier lectures during his enrollment at Hampden-Sydney College. These notes seem to be on lectures on philosophy and ethics rather than law, perhaps taken at different stages of Epes's matriculation, with reference to Locke, Hobbes, Bentham, and Stewart. An early lecture may be attributed to "McGuffie" suggesting possibly William Holmes McGuffey (of McGuffey...
Dates: 1850 - 1853
Collection — Box: BW 6, Folder: 1 [X031589272]
Identifier: MSS 16124
Scope and Contents H. G. Charles, Charles L. Pollock, and Slaughter W. Ficklin letters, 1831, 1847, and , .03 cubic feet consisting of University of Virginia students letters about student life, exams, and the [Alexander Galt] statue of Thomas Jefferson. H. G. Charles writes to his brother in Darlington Court House, South Carolina six years after the university began classes, and makes reference to a Peter Bacon, presumably another University of Virginia student.Charles L. Pollock...
Dates: 1831; 1847; 
Record Group — Multiple Containers
Identifier: RG 6/14/7
Content Description Twenty-seven "climate capsule" journals created as part of the 2019 Spring semester English course “Climate Fiction” taught by Professor Mary Kuhn (2019; 0.6 cubic feet). The journals consist of weekly observations and reflections from either specific routes or locations at the University of Virginia and Charlottesville, along with comments on cultural pieces regarding climate issues. The climate capsule journals are sealed until 2030.
Record Group — Multiple Containers
Content Description Committee on Admission of Women records, 1921-1968, 1.2 cubic feet, include correspondence, statistics, surveys, minutes, and reports from students, alumni, various UVA committees, and other universities. Materials relate to the shift of a UVA into a fully coeducation institution.
Collection — Container: MSS 2015-02, Box 1
Overview Small memorabilia collection with photographs of the 1936 graduation and of The Lawn.
Dates: 1892 - 1894; 1936; 1982-04-21
Identifier: MSS -00-3
Scope and Contents This collection contains 135 photograhs and 8 diplomas, certificates and licenses.
Collection — Box: BW 9, Folder: 1 [X031589313]
Identifier: MSS 16209
Scope and Contents University of Virginia Medical school student R. E. Griffith letter to Dr. J. Hays in Philadelphia, PA., February 20, 1838, 0.03 cubic feet, and a handwritten address and postmarks about his studies, lectures, professors, and colleagues in the fields of psychology, pathology, and obstetrics. He mentions several people by name, including a Dr. Couch, and a Mr. Hyde, whose death had recently been "in the papers".
Dates: 1838 February 20
Collection — Box: BW 23, Folder: 1-2
Content Description This collection consists of three commonplace books belonging to Harriet "Hatty" S. Rowley, of Utica, New York. Three commonplace books belonging to Harriet "Hatty" S. Rowley, Utica, NY. The books are nicknamed the Books of Wisdom and ignorance in part because one notebook was titled "Ignorance Book," by Rowley, while the other two books were labeled with the following note, “Aunt Harriet’s books of wisdom.” These books hold recordings of quotes from famous authors and orators of the late 19th...
Dates: 1872 - 1888
Collection — Box: BW 8, Folder: 1 [X031589295]
Identifier: MSS 16180
Scope and Contents Henry M. Harris papers, 1848-1948, 0.03 cubic feet includes letters and photographs of the University of Virginia. Also included are Lewis W. Cabell, J. B. Cochran, Kenneth Brown, Donald A. Harris, with either Charlottesville or UVA connections. There are also photographs of Henry M. Harris, Donald Harris, and the University of Virginia.
Identifier: MSS -78-2
Dates: Majority of material found within 1902 (1939-1956) 1965
Identifier: MSS -79-8
Overview Collection of digital photographs of the Law Class of 1986
Identifier: MSS 16428
Content Description Ravindra S. Khare papers (1938-2017; 13.40 cubic feet) include correspondence, course notes and syllabi, meeting minutes and agendas, reprints, and drafts of articles related to Ravindra S. Khare, Professor of Anthropology, and Khare's teaching, research, and service. In particular, the materials document international commission work, UVA committees, and Khare's teaching and research on social inequalities, globalization, the anthropology of food, and social and political topics and movements...
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 16430
Content Description James H. Law, Jr. papers (1920-1921; 0.2 cubic feet) include correspondence, notebooks, blueprints, and exams of alumnus James H. Law, Jr. (Architecture, 1925).
Overview Collection of photographs of North Grounds taken before the 1995 renovation.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1995 - 1996
Collection — Box: BW 6, Folder: 1 [X031589278]
Identifier: MSS 16140
Scope and Contents Charles McCoy letter (1839; 0.03 cubic feet) is a six page, hand-written letter from University of Virginia student Charles McCoy about family, friends, activities at the University of Viginia, including students and professor Albert Taylor Bledsoe and professor Mankin.
Overview Collection of University of Virginia Law School memorabilia.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1896, 1926
Record Group — Multiple Containers
Identifier: RG 33/1/4
Content Description Catalogs, charts, pamphlets and proposals relating to various institutes and centers of study in Virginia (1957-1988; 1.3 cubic feet).
- Subject: University of Virginia X
- Albert and Shirley Small Special Collections Library 24
- Arthur J. Morris Law Library Special Collections 21
- Darden, Colgate W. (Colgate Whitehead), 1897-1981 2
- Dillard, Hardy Cross, 1902-1982 2
- Lile, William Minor, 1859-1935 2
- Minor, Raleigh C., 1869-1923 2
- Paulsen, Monrad G., 1918-1980 2
- Ribble, Frederick D. G., 1898-1970 2
- Alford, Neill, H., Jr., 1919-2007 1
- American Association of Law Libraries 1
- American Bar Association 1
- American Psychiatric Association 1
- Appleton, Daniel, 1785-1849 1
- Bergin, Thomas F., 1924-2014 1
- Beta Theta Pi 1
- Blake, Thomas W. 1
- Bonnie, Richard J. 1
- Boyd, Thomas Munford, 1899-1985 1
- Byrd, Harry F. (Harry Flood), 1887-1966 1
- Chamberlain, Bernard P. (Peyton), 1896-1983 1
- Clemons, Harry, 1879-1968 1
- Colston, Raleigh E., 1825-1896 1
- Dent family 1
- Dobie, Armistead Mason, 1881-1962 1
- Eager, George B., Jr., 1888-1942 1
- Epes, Branch J. (Jones), 1832-1911 1
- Ewing, James R., 1916-2000 1
- Ewing, James W., 1869-1938 1
- Farmer, Frances, 1909-1993 1
- Geneva Initiative on Psychiatry 1
- Glass, Carter, 1858-1946 1
- Glenn, Garrard, 1878-1949 1
- Greene, Luanne 1
- Gregory, Charles O., 1902-1987 1
- Hand, August Noble, 1869-1954 1
- Haralson family 1
- Johnson, Herbert, 1901-1976 1
- Jones, T. Catesby, 1880-1946 1
- Kellogg, Marion K., 1904-1989 1
- Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968 1
- Kenney, Thomas J. 1
- Knopf, Alfred A., Sr., 1892-1984 1
- Lacouture, Peter V. 1
- Lile, Maude Lee Carson, 1866-1942 1
- McCue, Edward O., III, 1923-2011 1
- McCue, Edward O., Jr., 1901-1993 1
- McCue, Edward O., Sr., 1876-1945 1
- Minor, John B., 1813-1895 1
- Moore, John Bassett, 1860-1947 1
- Mosby, Charles L., 1807-1879 1
- Moyston, Roy C., 1890-1954 1
- Moyston, Vernah S., 1892-1970 1
- Newcomb, John Lloyd, 1881-1954 1
- Parker, John J., 1885-1958 1
- Paull, Peter L. 1
- Pearce, Clarence B., 1897-1984 1
- Pierpoint, Francis F., 1814-1899 1
- Powell, Thomas Reed, 1880-1955 1
- Priest, A. J. Gustin, 1897-1978 1
- Priest, Hartwell Wyse, 1901-2004 1
- Prince Edward Free School Association 1
- Richberg, Donald R., 1881-1960 1
- Ritchie, John, III, 1904-1988 1
- Robertson, A. Willis, 1887-1971 1
- Roosevelt, Franklin D., 1882-1945 1
- Rowley, Harriet Sophia , 1853-1943 1
- Shoffner, Charles 1
- Soper, Morris A., 1873-1963 1
- Stanton, Edwin M., 1814-1869 1
- Stone, Harlan F., 1872-1946 1
- Tucker, Eleanor Lile, 1892-1973 1
- United States. Court of Appeals (4th Circuit) 1
- United States. Supreme Court. Advisory Committee on Rules of Civil Procedure 1
- University of Alabama. School of Law 1
- University of Virginia. Center for Oceans Law and Policy 1
- University of Virginia. Darden School of Business 1
- University of Virginia. Law School Alumni Association 1
- University of Virginia. School of Law 1
- University of Virginia. School of Law. Arthur J. Morris Law Library 1
- University of Virginia. School of Law. Law School Foundation 1
- Virginia. Commission on Mental Health Law 1
- Wilson, Elizabeth Dent, 1902-1995 1
- Wilson, George, 1895-1967 1
- Woolsey, John M., 1877-1945 1
- World Federalist Movement 1 ∧ less