Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Identifier: MSS -90-3
Overview This collection of professional papers reflects Professor Alford's private legal practice and professorship at the UVA School of Law. There is correspondence, records and briefs, speeches and articles, and teaching materials on international law, legal history, trusts and estates, contracts, administrative law, economic warfare, insurance.
Identifier: MSS -04-5
Overview Collection of profesional papers and personal memorabilia (1933-2014). Includes speeches, reports, photographs, certificates, scrapbooks.
Identifier: MSS -2011-01
Scope and Contents The Papers of Judge Richard L. Williams (85 archival boxes, 34 linear ft.) were donated to the Law School in December of 2011. The documents portray his tenure as a Judge in the Eastern District of Virginia. There are also some personal documents that give us a glance of his personal life. The papers maintained their original organization: Chambers Manuals and Jury Instructions – Sample documents used in Judge Williams' chambers.Chrono Files – 1988–2010: We...
Identifier: MSS -97-1
Overview Professional and private practice files (1957-1996) related to international issues: claims, human rights, nationalizations, refugees, Iran -U.S. Claims Tribunal, organ transplantation. Also Law School and case files.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1957-1996
Identifier: MSS -2018-04
Overview Small collection of memorabilia (1966-2010) with some correspondence and photographs.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1966 - 2010
Identifier: MSS -2013-03
Overview This collection (1993-2003) contains photographs of Law School graduation ceremonies.
Overview 1870 and 1874 lithoprinted copies Prof. John B. Minor lectures. Also a top hat.
Dates: 1875 - 1876; 1790
Identifier: MSS -2013-01
Overview Extensive collection of professional, academic and legal papers mainly about Constitutional Law, International Law and Environmental Law.
Identifier: MSS -04-3
Scope and Contents COLLECTION DESCRIPTION & ARRANGEMENT The David Nelson Sutton Papers are comprised of 2 archival boxes (.7 linear feet). They consist of handwritten notes taken while attending the University of Virginia Department of Law, and some printed materials that relate to his classes. There are two folders that document his nomination to the presidency of the Virginia State Bar Association in 1948, and his nomination as a member of the House of Delegates at the 75th meeting of the American Bar...
Overview Professional consulting files related to corporation law and teaching files (1963-1989).
- Names: University of Virginia. School of Law X
- Law -- Study and teaching 8
- Photographs 6
- Memorabilia 3
- Judges 2
- Lawyers -- Virginia 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Albania -- Politics and government 1
- Alien property 1
- American property -- Foreign countries -- Iran 1
- American property -- Foreign countries -- Iraq 1
- American property -- Foreign countries -- Qatar 1
- Apartheid -- South Africa 1
- Arbitration (International law) 1
- Arts 1
- Baltic States -- Politics and government -- 1940-1991 1
- Cherokee law 1
- Civil rights 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Commercial law 1
- Compensation (Law) 1
- Constitutional law -- United States 1
- Corporation law 1
- Corporation law -- Delaware 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Eminent domain (International law) 1
- Estate planning 1
- Europe, Central -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Europe, Eastern -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Executors and administrators 1
- Extradition 1
- Human rights 1
- International law 1
- Judges -- Selection and appointment -- United States 1
- Judicial process -- United States 1
- Law -- Language 1
- Painting, American 1
- Practice of law -- Virginia 1
- School integration -- Virginia 1
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Segregation in education -- Virginia 1
- Transplantation of organs, tissues, etc. 1
- University of Virginia. School of Law -- Faculty 1
- University of Virginia. School of Law -- History 1
- Veterans -- Education 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- justice, administration of 1 ∧ less