Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Inventory of the Papers of Neill H. Alford, Jr.
Identifier: MSS -90-3
Abstract This collection of professional papers reflects Professor Alford's private legal practice and professorship at the UVA School of Law. There is correspondence, records and briefs, speeches and articles, and teaching materials on international law, legal history, trusts and estates, contracts, administrative law, economic warfare, insurance.
John W. Stephenson Private Accounts, 1874-1886, Warm Springs, Va [Ledger]
Abstract One volume ledger, 1874-1886.
R. Randolph Hicks Collection of Records of Appellate Court Cases in Virginia
Abstract Collection of ten volumes of printed briefs of Appellate Court cases in Virginia, 1895-1915.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1895 - 1915
The Homan W. Walsh Diaries
Identifier: MSS -78-5
Abstract Thirty four agenda notebooks (1930-1963).
The Law Office Papers of William F. Long and R. Watson Sadler
Abstract Legal, civil case files (1913-1967), primarily trusts and estates, real estate, insurance, torts, and divorce that document the work of a small local law firm.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1913-1967
The Papers of Duke and Duke
Identifier: MSS -79-6
Abstract Large collection of law practice records that document a small-town law office. There is correspondence, case files, legal, insurance and financial records, ledgers, 1854-1956.
- Charlottesville (Va.) -- History -- 19th century 2
- Charlottesville (Va.) -- History -- 20th century 2
- Banks and banking -- United States 1
- Cherokee law 1
- Divorce -- Virginia -- Cases 1
- Estate administration records 1
- Estate planning 1
- Executors and administrators 1
- Law -- Study and teaching 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Photographs 1
- Real property -- Virginia 1
- diaries 1 ∧ less
- Alford, Neill, H., Jr., 1919-2007 1
- Duke family 1
- Duke, Richard Thomas Walker (R. T. W.), 1822-1898 1
- Duke, William Eskridge, 1893-1959 1
- Duke, William R., 1849-1929 1
- Hicks, R. Randolph, 1870-1951 1
- Long, William F., 1874-1967 1
- Morris Plan Bank of Virginia 1
- Sadler, R. Watson, 1899-1957 1
- Stephenson, John Wilson, 1850-1921 1
- University of Georgia. School of Law 1
- University of Virginia. School of Law 1
- Virginia. Supreme Court 1
- Walsh, Homan W., 1882-1963 1 ∧ less