Showing Collections: 61 - 76 of 76
Identifier: MSS -2012-04
Scope and Contents In recent years, environmental regulation has come to the forefront with such cases as Massachusetts v. Environmental Protection Agency (2007) and Exxon Shipping Co. v. Baker (2008). However, environmental regulation has a longer history in Virginia. In 1989, Amoco Oil Company (Amoco) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) agreed to a voluntary, joint pollution-prevention project that would focus on Amoco’s refinery...
Scope and Contents COLLECTION DESCRIPTION & ARRANGEMENT The Papers of Marion Kellogg contain correspondence, programs, photographs, and clippings of the Uruguayan Seminar (January - March, 1960) as well as photographs from the Alumni Meeting (1966). Also in this collection are two binders of materials from the Uruguayan Seminar (1960) and the Bolivian Seminar (1961). Finally, there is one folder of correspondence with the ABA Committee on International Economic Organizations from 1966-1972. Some documents...
Identifier: MSS -85-4
Scope and Contents This collection includes professional and personal correspondence, student papers as well as research and lecture notes.
Scope and Contents The papers of Carl McFarland, contained in 25 boxes (16 linear ft.), were deposited at the Law Library by his widow, Pat McFarland, on February 1, 1985. Most of the collection had been stored in file cabinets in his study at home.These papers, which are almost entirely professional, have been arranged in groups corresponding to the stages of McFarland's career. The earliest records originated during his tenure at the Department of Justice in the 1930's, and contain valuable...
Identifier: MSS -01-2
Scope and Contents COLLECTION DESCRIPTION & ARRANGEMENT This collection contains photographs and programs used in The Libel Show, an annual theatrical production that has been lampooning professors and life at the law school since 1908. It was donated to the Law School by Peter L. Paull in July of 2001.
The photographs were used in connection with the magazine for the class of 1967.
The photographs were used in connection with the magazine for the class of 1967.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1949; 1950; 1953; 1956; 1957; 1959; 1959; 1960; 1961; 1962; 1964
Overview Collection of IMTFE memorabilia contains photographs, diagram of court room, facebook of Japanese defendants, newspaper clippings, insignias, lapel badges pins, WWII mounted ribbon bars and a cap.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1946 - 1950
Identifier: MSS 14791
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, other documents, and photographs pertaining to Dr. Beverley Randolph Tucker, his son Beverley Randolph Tucker II, and their families, most prominently being Elizabeth Sloan Tucker Cann, wife of Beverley Randolph Tucker II. This collection also includes two 1886 business letters of Confederate veterans Robert Boyd and Andrew Easley. There is also a small group of World War II letters of Beverley Randolph Tucker II, including a fundraising...
Collection — Box: BW 1, Folder: 1 [X031589175]
Identifier: MSS 15957
Scope and Contents The unidentied woman photograph (circa 1824; 0.03 cubic feet) was taken by a photography studio named Davis on Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia.
Dates: circa 1860s
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 16269
Scope and Contents Note The U.S. soldier Vietnam War photographs album (196-1968; 0.2 cubic feet) contains 288 black and white or color photographs with captions on the verso of some photographs. Creator is unidentified, but served as a mechanic in the 19th Maintenance Co. at Long Binh. Creator served approximately one year, departing for home on February 6, 1968. The majority of the photos were taken in Vietnam, but some photos document the soldier's home leave and trip to Hawaii. Photograph subjects include USO...
Identifier: MSS 9936
Scope and Contents Virginia Folklore Society records (1913-1967; 22.7 cubic feet) consist chiefly of songs collected by the society's fieldworkers in the 1930s under the direction of society archivist Arthur Kyle Davis. Sheet music, folklore, newsletters and photographs are also included, as are recordings of many of the songs.Regarding boxes 6-10 and 21-24: These boxes contain the correspondence of C.A. Smith and Arthur K. Davis dealing primarily with folksong and ballad collecting. Some of this...
Dates: 1905 - 2007
Identifier: MSS 14250
Scope and Content Note: The collection contains tintypes, cabinet cards, cartes-de-visite and photographs chiefly from studios in Staunton, Va. Studios in Bridgewater, Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, Lynchburg, and Richmond are also represented. Among the few identified subjects are Friends at Olivet Church, Staunton, Va.; D[avid] V. Ruckman Home, Long Glade, Va.; William Bedford Campbell, David Van Meter Ruckman, II, children of Uncle Glen Ruckman, Pauline Ruckman, James Buxton Perry, Sam Ruckman, Glen Huston Byrd,...
Item — Ledger: 1
Identifier: MSS 15684
Scope and Contents Note The photo album (circa 1880s-1910s; 0.15 cubic feet) contains scenes of ships in Hampton Roads including the U.S.S. San Francisco, U.S.S. Brooklyn, the Cape Charles light ship, the Princess Anne, and the St. Louis. There are scenes of the seashore at Virginia Beach and Richmond. Beyond Virginia, scenes include monuments in Baltimore, Maryland, various streets and historical sites in New York City, and the United States Capitol. The album consists of a total of 50 pages, 8 of which...
Dates: circa 1900
Identifier: MSS 10191
Scope and Content note This collection includes general and constituent correspondence, office files, speeches, appointment books, photographs, scrapbooks, and clippings documenting Senator Warner’s life and career.A note regarding consituent correspondence: only in rare instances did the Senator's office keep outgoing corespondence. The vast majority of what makes up the constituent correspondence are the incoming letters from his constituents. Original letters sent to the Senator were microfilmed and...
Dates: 1956-2009; Majority of material found in 1967-2008
Item — Box: BW 22, Folder: 1 [X031677118]
Identifier: MSS 16446
Scope and Contents Note The Booker T. Washington photograph (1902; 0.03 cubic foot) documents Washington wearing a cap and gown.
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 16422
Scope and Contents Note The Otto Herman Weiss photographs (circa 1900-circa 1950; 0.4 cubic feet) document Virginian buildings, streetscapes, and landscapes in the early to middle twentieth century. The collection contains approximately 150 gelatin silver print photographs by Weiss. Subjects include extensive images of Norfolk, Fredricksburg, and Williamsburg, along with aerial photographs of Richmond, Norfolk, and Washington, D.C.
Dates: circa 1900-circa 1950
Identifier: MSS 16435
Scope and Contents Note The Kathleen Bonnie Crispin Worsham papers (1860s-2018; 1.35 cubic feet) document Worsham's historical research on the unincorporated community of Cifax in Bedford County, Virginia. Materials include family histories, photocopies of municipal documents, photographs of residents past and present, building floor plans, topographical maps, application materials for the National Register of Historic Places, and architectural surveys. Worsham's research places special emphasis on The Cedars, the...
- Subject: Photographs X
- Albert and Shirley Small Special Collections Library 40
- Arthur J. Morris Law Library Special Collections 36
- University of Virginia. School of Law 6
- International Military Tribunal for the Far East (IMTFE) 5
- Howard, A. E. Dick 2
- Alford, Neill, H., Jr., 1919-2007 1
- American Association of Law Libraries 1
- Amoco Corporation 1
- Appel, Donald 1
- Araki, Sadao, 1877-1966 1
- Asahi Shimbun 1
- Bagge, Widar, 1886-1970 1
- Ballantine, Joseph W., 1888-1973 1
- Beak, Thomas 1
- Beame, Abraham D., 1906-2001 1
- Bergin, Thomas F., 1924-2014 1
- Bork, Robert H., 1927-2012 1
- Brown, Jerry 1
- Brown, Pat, 1905-1996 1
- Burton, Harold H., 1888-1964 1
- Bush, George, H. W., 1924-2018 1
- CBS Television Network 1
- Call family 1
- Call, William Denison 1
- Cann, Elizabeth Sloan (Elizabeth Sloan Tucker Cann), 1917-2002 1
- Caplin, Mortimer M., 1916-2019 1
- Carter, James Earl, Jr. 1
- Ching-wei, Wang, 1883-1944 1
- Churchill, Winston S., 1874-1965 1
- Clark, Tom C., 1899-1977 1
- Clay family 1
- Clay, Buckner, 1877-1923 1
- Crane, Nathalia, 1913-1998 1
- Cumming, William P., 1900-1989 1
- Davis, Norman H., 1878-1944 1
- DeMartino, Richard J., 1922-2013 1
- Deets, Edward Henderson, Jr., 1926-2007 1
- Dent family 1
- Dillard, Hardy Cross, 1902-1982 1
- Dole, Robert Joseph 1
- Dooman, Eugene H., 1890-1969 1
- Douglas, William O., 1898-1980 1
- Ewing, James R., 1916-2000 1
- Ewing, James W., 1869-1938 1
- Farmer, Frances, 1909-1993 1
- Fife, Francis H., 1920-2015 1
- Frankfurter, Felix, 1882-1965 1
- Garner, R. D. 1
- Garner, Robert G. 1
- Goering, Hermann Wilhelm, 1893-1946 1
- Gorgé, Camille, 1893-1978 1
- Greene, Luanne 1
- Gregory, Charles O., 1902-1987 1
- Grew, Joseph C., 1880-1965 1
- Haralson family 1
- Harlan, John M., 1899-1971 1
- Hashimoto, Kingoro, 1890-1957 1
- Hata, Shunroku, 1879-1962 1
- Hatoyama, Ichiro, 1883-1959 1
- Higashikuni, Naruhiko, 1887-1990 1
- Hiranuma, Kiichiro, 1867-1952 1
- Hirohito, Michinomiya, 1901-1989 1
- Hirota, Koki, 1878-1948 1
- Hopson, Steve 1
- Hoshino, Naoki, 1883-1978 1
- Hull, Cordell, 1871-1955 1
- International Court of Justice 1
- International Labor Organization 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 1
- Iran-United States Claims Tribunal 1
- Ishihara, Kanji, 1889-1949 1
- Ishii, Shiro, 1882-1959 1
- Ishiwata, Sotaro, 1891-1950 1
- Itagaki, Seishiro, 1885-1948 1
- Iwabuchi, Tatsuo, 1892-1975 1
- Jackson, Robert H., 1892-1954 1
- Johnson, Nunnally 1
- Kato, Sotomatsu, 1890-1942 1
- Kaya, Okinori, 1889-1977 1
- Keenan, Joseph B., 1888-1954 1
- Kellogg, Marion K., 1904-1989 1
- Kennedy, Edward M., 1932-2009 1
- Kenney, Thomas J. 1
- Kido, Koichi, 1889-1977 1
- Kimura, Heitaro, 1888-1948 1
- Klee, Howard 1
- Knight, Robert H., 1919-2006 1
- Koiso, Kuniaki, 1880-1950 1
- Konoe, Fumimaro, 1891-1945 1
- Kurusu, Saburo, 1886-1954 1
- Lacouture, Peter V. 1
- Ladner, Elizabeth 1
- Legal Services Corporation 1
- Lile, Maude Lee Carson, 1866-1942 1
- Lile, William Minor, 1859-1935 1
- Lillich, Richard B., 1933-1996 1
- Long, William F., 1874-1967 1
- Lynn, Wallace R., 1897-1990 1
- Maclean, Fitzroy, 1911-1996 1
- Mainichi Shimbun 1
- Matsui, Iwane, 1878-1948 1
- Matsumoto, Shunichi, 1897-1987 1 ∧ less