Roger A. Briney AT&T Papers
Scope and Contents
This small collection consists of documents, news releases, advertisements, articles, and memoranda. It was donated to the Law School Library by Roger A. Briney in October of 2017. Mr. Briney was “in house” counsel for AT&T, where he served on the trial team in U.S. v. AT&T, “the antitrust case that led to the 1984 Bell System divestiture.” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._AT%26T
There is one file with excerpts related to the Clinton-Lewinsky Inquiry.
- Majority of material found in 1943-2002
- Briney, Roger A. (Person)
1.3 Linear Feet (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
Small collection of documents mainly related to the antitrust case of U.S. v. AT&T, (1981-1996).
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated to the Law Library in October of 2017.
- American Telephone and Telegraph Company (AT&T)
- Antitrust law
- Bell Telephone Laboratories, Inc.
- Briney, Roger A.
- Clinton, William Jefferson
- Lewinsky, Monica
- Restraint of trade
- Starr, Kenneth
- Telephone -- Law and legislation -- United States
- Western Electric Company, Inc.
- Whitewater Inquiry, 1993-2000
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Arthur J. Morris Law Library Special Collections Repository
Arthur J. Morris Law Library
580 Massie Road
University of Virginia
Charlottesville Virginia 22903 United States