Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 78
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 15967
Scope and Contents African Americans in Richmond organizations photographs (1940-1959; 0.06 cubic feet) includes the Leigh Street Young Men's Christian Asssociation, Hi-Y Club, Gray Club, B and P Council, Richmond Area Youth, Interracial Seminar, Richmond Basketball, Father-son Banquets, Annual Banquets, Leigh Street Y.M.C.A. camp, [Gradale] Girls, girls playing cricket, and Baskets for the Need(y). Included is a photograph of Dr. J. W. [Banco] and Roscoe Mitchell. Photographs are from the studios of Brodnax with...
Collection — Box: BW 9, Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS 15911
Scope and Contents Mary Ella Parker Berkeley carte de visite and Confederdate money (1888; 0.03 cubic feet) consists of an image of Berkeley and some Also included is Confederate money.
Collection — Box: BW 7, Folder: 1 [X031589285]
Identifier: MSS 16161
Scope and Contents Blue Ridge Farm aerial photograph, 1934, a Western Albermarle County estate, inscribed "Much love from Blanche Ortman Merry Xmas 1934" totaling 0.03 cubic feet. Sepia toned photograph inscribed in black ink on the front and captioned in pencil on the verso.
Identifier: MSS 15920
Scope and Contents Records of the Book Baskets (1995-2018; 1.5 cubic feet) consists of meeting agendas, minutes, reports, news clippings, photographs, thank you letters, information on grants, contributors, and general correspondence. The collection is organized into three series.
Dates: 1995 - 2018
Identifier: MSS 13421
Identifier: MSS 14439
Scope and Contents Note Eugene Edward Chiles papers, (3 cubic feet, 1915-1922) contain love letters from his girlfriend, Eugenie O'Neill who is traveling in European circles with wealthy and or famous acquaintances, while he is working as a realtor in Pittsburgh, PA. and Stephens City, Virginia, after the war. Her letters mostly describe her feelings for him and mention (briefly) famous places, people, and events from the Twenties. Topics consist of post war conditions, unemployment, strikes, feminism, racism, and...
Overview Clay family memorabilia collection. Contains diplomas, photographs, engravings, portraits, and other material belongings.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 16419
Scope and Contents Note The Lewis M. Coleman, Jr. papers (circa 1870-1926; 0.05 cubic feet) document Coleman's studies and travels to Richmond, VA and Charleston, SC. Collection materials include eleven letters Coleman wrote from Hanover Academy, VA to his mother Mary. Among other topics, Coleman discusses his friend Richard Henry Jesse (1853-1921), who briefly attended the University of Virginia. Collection materials also include two photographs, one of which depicts Coleman's son Lewis III among other University of...
Dates: circa 1870-1926
Collection — Box: BW 13, Folder: 2 [X031589428]
Identifier: MSS 15898
Scope and Contents The collection of Battle of Rio Hill papers ( 1992, 0.03 cubic feet) consists chiefly of photographs and negatives and includes an image of the site of Rio Hill Shopping Center being searched for Civil War artifacts, the marker commemorating the skirmish, and the honor guard at the dedication of the marker. The collection also includes press releases, a letter from Charlottesville mayor Elizabeth "Bitsy" Waters, and an audiocassette recording of the dedication ceremony.
Overview Photographic collection related to the Carrington Williams IMTFE collection, 1946-1947.
Collection — Box: BW 20, Folder: 1 [X031688129]
Identifier: MSS 16440
Scope and Contents Note The Colleton estate photographs (circa 1890s-1910; 0.04 cubic foot) document the appearance of Colleton, a Cabell family estate in Nelson County. Materials include ten mounted photographs of the Colleton house and one photograph of the nearby James River. Colleton photograph subjects include rooms like the ballroom and library, along with a childhood portrait of Evelyn Byrd Robinson on the building's porch.The collection also contains a copy of Robinson's will, where she divides...
Dates: circa 1890s-1910
Item — Ledger: 1
Identifier: MSS 16300
Content Description The Joyce Crary show horse photo album (1940s; 0.2 cubic feet) contains photographs labeled by hand in white ink. 10 x 13 with 35 leaves containing around 120 black and white photographs, and a few pieces of ephemera, inserted into corner mounts. Photographs feature Joyce Crary, her family, and her friends and horses at the family ranch near Chico, California. Horses and riders are shown jumping, racing, and performing trick riding of various types. One image is of Joyce, her father, and a...
Item — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 16404
Content Description The Clinton K. Curtis photograph albums (1880s; 0.5 cubic feet) contain 76 photographs (albumen prints, most mounted, some hand-colored, probably commercially produced and sold) of views and people in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, and Burma, collected by U.S. Navy officer Clinton K. Curtis.
Identifier: MSS -2018-1
Scope and Contents This collection of memorabilia contains newspaper clippings, invitations, announcement cards, directories, programs.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1943 - 2001
Scope and Contents This collection contains copies of records compiled by Edward O. McCue to disclaim assertions made against General William Westmoreland on a CBS program aired on January 23, 1982.
Collection — Container: MSS 2015-02, Box 1
Overview Small memorabilia collection with photographs of the 1936 graduation and of The Lawn.
Dates: 1892 - 1894; 1936; 1982-04-21
Item — Ledger: 1
Identifier: MSS 16301
Scope and Contents The Farm Life photograph album (1910s; 0.2 cubic feet) depicts many children and family members with farm animals, mostly horses, but cats, dogs, chickens, and one elephant also appear in the images.One image depicts a horse wearing a covering labeled "Tom Mix's Tony". This is presumably Tony the Wonder Horse, the famous film companion of silent-film western star Tom Mix. Another image contains a street sign suggesting that this farm may have been located on or near...
Identifier: MSS 16075
Scope and Contents The Francis H. Fife papers (1947-2015; 168.4 cubic feet) document the personal and professional life of Mr. Fife with an emphasis on his civic and community interests. Types of materials include reports, meeting minutes, correspondence, memoranda, journals, and some family documents. The collection is organized into three series: Oak Lawn 1, Oak Lawn 2, and Westview.Please note, the file titles in this collection have been transcribed. The file titles were created by Mr. Fife or...
Dates: 1785 - 2015; Majority of material found within 1940 - 2015
Identifier: MSS -07-2
Overview Bureau of Chemistry copies of photographs from 1910 and one memorandum.
Collection — Box: BW 22, Folder: 1 [X031660929]
Identifier: MSS 16449
Scope and Contents Note Geology of the Narrows Region, Virginia typed manuscript (1920s; 0.03 cubic feet)is a manuscript by Elizabeth Barbara Mohr.
- Subject: Photographs X
- Albert and Shirley Small Special Collections Library 42
- Arthur J. Morris Law Library Special Collections 36
- University of Virginia. School of Law 6
- International Military Tribunal for the Far East (IMTFE) 5
- Howard, A. E. Dick 2
- Alford, Neill, H., Jr., 1919-2007 1
- American Association of Law Libraries 1
- Amoco Corporation 1
- Appel, Donald 1
- Araki, Sadao, 1877-1966 1
- Asahi Shimbun 1
- Bagge, Widar, 1886-1970 1
- Ballantine, Joseph W., 1888-1973 1
- Beak, Thomas 1
- Beame, Abraham D., 1906-2001 1
- Bergin, Thomas F., 1924-2014 1
- Bork, Robert H., 1927-2012 1
- Brown, Jerry 1
- Brown, Pat, 1905-1996 1
- Burton, Harold H., 1888-1964 1
- Bush, George, H. W., 1924-2018 1
- CBS Television Network 1
- Call family 1
- Call, William Denison 1
- Cann, Elizabeth Sloan (Elizabeth Sloan Tucker Cann), 1917-2002 1
- Caplin, Mortimer M., 1916-2019 1
- Carter, James Earl, Jr. 1
- Ching-wei, Wang, 1883-1944 1
- Churchill, Winston S., 1874-1965 1
- Clark, Tom C., 1899-1977 1
- Clay family 1
- Clay, Buckner, 1877-1923 1
- Crane, Nathalia, 1913-1998 1
- Cumming, William P., 1900-1989 1
- Davis, Norman H., 1878-1944 1
- DeMartino, Richard J., 1922-2013 1
- Deets, Edward Henderson, Jr., 1926-2007 1
- Dent family 1
- Dillard, Hardy Cross, 1902-1982 1
- Dole, Robert Joseph 1
- Dooman, Eugene H., 1890-1969 1
- Douglas, William O., 1898-1980 1
- Ewing, James R., 1916-2000 1
- Ewing, James W., 1869-1938 1
- Farmer, Frances, 1909-1993 1
- Fife, Francis H., 1920-2015 1
- Frankfurter, Felix, 1882-1965 1
- Garner, R. D. 1
- Garner, Robert G. 1
- Goering, Hermann Wilhelm, 1893-1946 1
- Gorgé, Camille, 1893-1978 1
- Greene, Luanne 1
- Gregory, Charles O., 1902-1987 1
- Grew, Joseph C., 1880-1965 1
- Haralson family 1
- Harlan, John M., 1899-1971 1
- Hashimoto, Kingoro, 1890-1957 1
- Hata, Shunroku, 1879-1962 1
- Hatoyama, Ichiro, 1883-1959 1
- Higashikuni, Naruhiko, 1887-1990 1
- Hiranuma, Kiichiro, 1867-1952 1
- Hirohito, Michinomiya, 1901-1989 1
- Hirota, Koki, 1878-1948 1
- Hopson, Steve 1
- Hoshino, Naoki, 1883-1978 1
- Hull, Cordell, 1871-1955 1
- International Court of Justice 1
- International Labor Organization 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America 1
- Iran-United States Claims Tribunal 1
- Ishihara, Kanji, 1889-1949 1
- Ishii, Shiro, 1882-1959 1
- Ishiwata, Sotaro, 1891-1950 1
- Itagaki, Seishiro, 1885-1948 1
- Iwabuchi, Tatsuo, 1892-1975 1
- Jackson, Robert H., 1892-1954 1
- Johnson, Nunnally 1
- Kato, Sotomatsu, 1890-1942 1
- Kaya, Okinori, 1889-1977 1
- Keenan, Joseph B., 1888-1954 1
- Kellogg, Marion K., 1904-1989 1
- Kennedy, Edward M., 1932-2009 1
- Kenney, Thomas J. 1
- Kido, Koichi, 1889-1977 1
- Kimura, Heitaro, 1888-1948 1
- Klee, Howard 1
- Knight, Robert H., 1919-2006 1
- Koiso, Kuniaki, 1880-1950 1
- Konoe, Fumimaro, 1891-1945 1
- Kurusu, Saburo, 1886-1954 1
- Lacouture, Peter V. 1
- Ladner, Elizabeth 1
- Legal Services Corporation 1
- Lewis, George Washington, 1804-1879 1
- Lile, Maude Lee Carson, 1866-1942 1
- Lile, William Minor, 1859-1935 1
- Lillich, Richard B., 1933-1996 1
- Long, William F., 1874-1967 1
- Lynn, Wallace R., 1897-1990 1
- Maclean, Fitzroy, 1911-1996 1
- Mainichi Shimbun 1
- Matsui, Iwane, 1878-1948 1 ∧ less