Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 27
Albemarle County ledger book
Amherst County, Virginia Tax Ledgers
Attorney's Ledger, 1884-1890 [from Connecticut?]
Manuscript of an attorney legal practice. Contains information about estates, money transactions, pensions, insurance.
Attorney's Ledger, Boston, 1871-1875
Blanks, Dabbs and Co. ledger
Charlottesville Woolen Mills records
J. D. Deacon store ledger
J. D. Deacon store ledger, MSS 16367, 1902, 0.03 cubic feet, consists of his ledger from Oakdale, Gloucester County, Virginia.
Charles Irving Harvie expense book
This collection contains the ledger of Charles Irving Harvie, a first year at the University of Virginia on the eve of the Civil War. Six pages records payments for matriculation, transportation, personal items, and memberships to groups like the Sons of Liberty. The Sons of Liberty, were one of two confederate military companies formed at the University.
Dr. Edwin A. Hering real estate ledger
Reverend Moses Drury Hoge Presbyterian ledger
John W. Stephenson Private Accounts, 1874-1886, Warm Springs, Va [Ledger]
One volume ledger, 1874-1886.
Map and print seller diary
The map and print seller diary (1864; 0.03 cubic feet) includes account and mileage information, and diary entries. Boston, MA and Portland, ME, and towns in between are noted.
E. H. Moon ledger
E. H. Moon ledger, 1830-1834, 0.04 cubic feet, belongs to a merchant in Scotsville, Va. and contains approximately 100 pages, including handwritten entries relating to store purchases, and slaves, and about 20 pages of newspaper clippings.
Morris Plan Bank of Virginia records
Papers of Benjamin Kissam, 1755 - 1776
Historical 18th century collection of documents of a colonial lawyer's practice in New York City. It contains a ledger, a "Supreme Court Register," notes and queries.
Lewis Pence blacksmith ledger
The Pence ledger (1856-1859; 0.25 cubic feet) records work done by and payments made to Lewis Pence, a blacksmith in Edinburg, Virginia, from 1856-1859. Pence's clients include George Grandstaff, a local gunmaker and the owner of the Edinburg Mill. The Edinburg Mill was almost burned by Union troops during the Civil War in October of 1864, but locals extinguished the fire and the mill survives to this day as a museum and designated Virginia Historic Landmark.
Practice Record Book of Thomas D. Ranson, 1884-1912
Attorney record book with list of names, and case entries.
Record Books for Hancock Mutual Insurance Company, 1853 - 1858
Records of a fire and marine insurance company in Maine.
Robbins and Gates Record of Account, Ohio 1839-1842
Accounts of cases.
Charles Francis Russell tobacco ledgers
- Subject: Ledgers (account books) X
- Albert and Shirley Small Special Collections Library 19
- Arthur J. Morris Law Library Special Collections 8
- Lawyers -- Ohio 2
- Lawyers -- Virginia 2
- Banks and banking -- United States 1
- Business records 1
- Castine (Me.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Enslaved laborers 1
- Enslavers 1
- Industries -- Virginia 1
- Insurance companies -- United States 1
- Lawyers 1
- Lawyers -- Massachusetts -- Boston 1
- Mills and mill-work -- Virginia -- Albemarle County. 1
- Personal narratives 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Plats (maps) 1
- Practice of law -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Practice of law -- Ohio 1
- Practice of law -- Virginia 1
- Real property -- Virginia 1
- Shop signs 1
- Spain -- Commerce 1
- Supervisors, Industrial 1
- Taxation 1
- Textile industry 1
- Textile workers 1
- Tobacco industry -- Virginia 1
- University of Virginia -- Alumni 1
- Virginia -- Amherst County 1
- Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Wool fabrics 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- correspondence 1
- letters (correspondence) 1 + ∧ less
- English 26
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Amherst (Va.) 1
- Brazee, John T., 1800-1880 1
- Duane, James, 1733-1797 1
- Eilenberger Rare Books, LLC 1
- Gates, E. N. 1
- Hancock Mutual Insurance Company 1
- Hering, Edwin A., Dr. 1
- Jay, John, 1745-1829 1
- Kissam, Benjamin, 1728-1782 1
- Ranson, J. Baldwin, 1874-1905 1
- Ranson, Thomas D., 1843-1918 1
- Robbins, S. 1
- Sears, Isaac, 1730-1786 1
- Spain. Embajada (United States) 1
- Stephenson, John Wilson, 1850-1921 1
- Young Men's Christian Association (Alexandria,VA) 1 + ∧ less