Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 32
Bessie Marie Africa scrapbook
High school memory scrapbook and photo album of Bessie Marie Africa of Kanawha, Iowa from 1923 to 1927. The scrapbook is in a "School Friendship Book binding" assembled by Bessie Marie Africa documenting her high school years at Sanborn High School. It includes correspondence, programs, and mementos from theater, basketball, and football, and a declamatory contest. There are two large dolls created out of crepe paper.
William Allen Butler family papers (and related Terry, Collins families)
C. W. J. Phelps War Crimes and the "Tojo Trial" Collection
Personal ephemeral scrapbooks of C.W.K. Phelps during Tokyo War Crimes Trial.
Jean Cynthia Cheatham family papers
Jean Cynthia Cheatham family papers (1852-2012; 1 cubic foot) contains genealogy information, military papers, photographs, and scrapbooks.
Chisholm Foundation collection on Frank Gardiner Wisner
Chisholm Foundation collection on Frank Gardiner Wisner (1900-2001; 2 cubic feet) consists of letters, newspaper clippings,scrapbooks, and photographs from the life of Frank Gardiner Wisner including his intelligence career, track achievements and scholarship at the University of Virginia, 1932 Olympics in Los Angeles, and his family.
Civil War patriotic envelopes scrapbook
A scrapbook containing 670 unused Civil war patriotic envelopes with decorative designs, some printed in multiple colors, and eight Confederate engraved banknotes, all pasted down onto the scrapbook leaves.
Harriet Cooke scrapbook
Joan Alice Coyne scrapbook
The Joan Alice Coyne scrapbook (1935-1938; 0.4 cubic feet) was owned by Joan Alice Coyne: a young girl living in Elizabeth, NJ. Contents include a few photos of Coyne, various clippings of school materials and event programs, holiday cards, and obituaries for her father.
Note: Scrapbook contains items with racist imagery typical for the time period that some patrons may find offensive.
Roxana Foreman scrapbook
Roxana Foreman high school scrapbook in "My Memory Book" binding from Harriman, and Lenoir City, Tennessee in 1927. It contains pasted-in colorful handmade and printed ephemera and letters, related to football, theater and school. There are also candy wrappers, ribbons, hats, Camel cigarettes, and many pages of hand-written text and sentimental authographs that provide a "diary" of Roxana's high school experiences.
Funeral remembrance book
Memorial album with blank pages for writing remembrances; hand-written entries of poetry and farewell sentiments, most signed and many dated.
DeWitt Clinton Gallaher scrapbook and diary transcript
The DeWitt Clinton Gallaher scrapbook and diary transcript (1863-1925; 0.25 cubic feet) consists of a travel diary of New England and Europe (1869-1870), chronology of Civil War battles (October 1863- April 1865) and an album of newspaper clippings on general topics including the University of Virginia and Professor Basil Gildersleeve (1915-1925). The transcript of his travel diary contains vivid descriptions of his travels.
Mary Kean school scrapbook
KSF and MEF cloth scrapbooks
Blue cloth scrapbook with initials KSF on the cover and a pink cloth scrapbook with the initials MEF (1906; 0.4 cubic feet) on the cover contain mages and cut-outs primarily consist of children and animals, the latter sometimes in anthropomorphized form.
Therese Lieske scrapbook
H. Cabell Maddux, Jr. University of Virginia football scrapbook
Scrapbook containing clippings, photographs, memorabilia, and ephemera related to University of Virginia Cavaliers football program and the University of Virginia from 1935 to 1937.
Memorabilia of Arthur J. Morris
Collection of some correspondence, diplomas, certificates, medal, photographs and other memorabilia that belonged to Arthur J. Morris, Class of 1901.
Leigh B. Middleditch Scrapbook on William Faulkner Foundation
Sarah M. Middleton scrapbook
The Sarah M. Middleton scrapbook (1914-1916; 0.25 cubic feet) documents Middleton's attendance at Martha Washington Seminary in Washington, DC. Scrapbook items include concert programs, playbills, personal letters, postcards, photographs of classmates, and newspaper clippings.
Mortimer C. Caplin Collection
Collection of profesional papers and personal memorabilia (1933-2014). Includes speeches, reports, photographs, certificates, scrapbooks.
Norfolk Poet's Club records
Norfolk Poet's Club Records (1912-1983; 2 cubic feet) include manuscripts of Josephine Johnson and Margaret Haley Carpenter; and correspondence of Mary Sinton Leitch, Josephine Johnson, Julia Johnson Davis, and William Stanley Braithwaite. There are also press releases, newspaper clippings, printed items, and scrapbooks about these poets and editors and their colleagues as well as their poetry and the creative writing process.
- Albert and Shirley Small Special Collections Library 27
- Arthur J. Morris Law Library Special Collections 5
- Women's Scrapbook/ Commonplace Book Collections (University of Virginia) 6
- Photographs 5
- clippings (information artifacts) 4
- commonplace books 4
- letters (correspondence) 3
- Memorabilia 2
- African Americans 1
- Algoma--Dwelling 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Hospital and community 1
- Judges 1
- Judicial process -- United States 1
- Labor unions -- United States 1
- Lawyers -- Maryland 1
- Lectures and lecturing 1
- Nydrie--Dwelling 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Poetry 1
- Practice of law -- Maryland 1
- Thomas Muldrup Logan, 1808-1876 1
- Tokyo Trial, Tokyo, Japan, 1946-1948 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence 1
- University of Virginia -- Co-education 1
- War crime trials -- Japan 1
- Women --Societies and Clubs 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- diaries 1
- envelopes 1
- justice, administration of 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1 + ∧ less
- University of Virginia. School of Law 2
- Caplin, Mortimer M., 1916-2019 1
- Chivers, T.H. (Thomas Holley), 1809-1858 1
- Clemm, Maria Poe, 1790-1871 1
- Duyckinck, Evert A. (Evert Augustus), 1816-1878 1
- Eveleth, George Washington, 1819-1908 1
- Griswold, Rufus Wilmot, 1815-1857 1
- Hewitt, Mary Elizabeth, 1807-1894 1
- Ingram, John Henry, 1842-1916 1
- Kennedy, John Pendleton, 1795-1870 1
- Lowell, James Russell, 1819-1891 1
- Morrill, Lily Logan, 1877-1944 1
- Morris, Arthur J., 1881-1973 1
- National Labor Relations Board 1
- Odyssey (Charlottesville, Va.) 1
- Ostrom, John Ward, 1903- 1
- Patton, John S. (John Shelton), 1857-1932 1
- Phelps, Calhoun W. J., 1910-1971 1
- Poe, Edgar Allan, 1809-1849 1
- Richmond, Annie Locke, 1820-1898 1
- Shawe, Earl K., 1913-2017 1
- Thomas, Frederick W. (Frederick William), 1806-1866 1
- Thompson, John Reuben, 1823-1873 1
- Tojo, Hideki, 1884-1948 1
- United States. Court of Appeals (4th Circuit) 1
- United States. Department of Treasury. Internal Revenue Service 1
- United States. District Court (Virginia : Eastern District) 1
- White, T.W. (Thomas Willis), 1788-1843 1
- Whitman, Sarah Helen, 1803-1878 1
- Williams, Richard L., 1923-2011 1
- Wisner, Frank, 1909-1965 1 + ∧ less