Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: MSS -05-1
Identifier: MSS -2011-01
Abstract Judicial papers (1979-2011) from Williams' chamber files. Chamber manuals, jury instructions, case files, correspondence, memoranda, digital files, opinions, calendars, scrapbooks.
Scope and Contents These papers document Smith’s service on the U.S. Court of Claims, his appointment to the court, court administration, articles and speeches, and the federal court re-organization of the late 1970s that concluded with the Federal Courts Improvement Act of 1979, and the creation of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. The collection reflects the administrative process that took place "to restructure a portion of the intermediate appellate tier." Judge...
- Judicial process -- United States 2
- justice, administration of 2
- Appellate courts -- United States 1
- Appellate procedure -- United States 1
- Courts -- United States 1
- Bissell, John W. 1
- Smith, Edward S., 1919-2001 1
- United States. Court of Appeals (4th Circuit) 1
- United States. Court of Claims 1
- United States. District Court (New Jersey) 1