Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Inventory of the Papers of Neill H. Alford, Jr.
This collection of professional papers reflects Professor Alford's private legal practice and professorship at the UVA School of Law. There is correspondence, records and briefs, speeches and articles, and teaching materials on international law, legal history, trusts and estates, contracts, administrative law, economic warfare, insurance.
John W. Stephenson Private Accounts, 1874-1886, Warm Springs, Va [Ledger]
One volume ledger, 1874-1886.
Letter from Frank T. Glasgow to Frank Gilmer
One undated letter sent to Mr. Gilmer by Mr. Glasgow, both from the Law Class of 1878.
License to Practice Law in Virginia issued to John Douglas Simms in 1808
General Court of Virginia license to practice law.
Practice Record Book of Thomas D. Ranson, 1884-1912
Attorney record book with list of names, and case entries.
R. Randolph Hicks Collection of Records of Appellate Court Cases in Virginia
Collection of ten volumes of printed briefs of Appellate Court cases in Virginia, 1895-1915.
The Homan W. Walsh Diaries
Thirty four agenda notebooks (1930-1963).
The Journals of William Minor Lile
The Law Office Papers of William F. Long and R. Watson Sadler
Legal, civil case files (1913-1967), primarily trusts and estates, real estate, insurance, torts, and divorce that document the work of a small local law firm.
The Papers of Duke and Duke
Large collection of law practice records that document a small-town law office. There is correspondence, case files, legal, insurance and financial records, ledgers, 1854-1956.
The Papers of Ernest L. Folk III
Professional consulting files related to corporation law and teaching files (1963-1989).
- Practice of law -- Virginia 6
- Charlottesville (Va.) -- History -- 19th century 2
- Charlottesville (Va.) -- History -- 20th century 2
- Law -- Study and teaching 2
- Ledgers (account books) 2
- Photographs 2
- diaries 2
- Arts 1
- Banks and banking -- United States 1
- Cherokee law 1
- Corporation law 1
- Corporation law -- Delaware 1
- Divorce -- Virginia -- Cases 1
- Estate administration records 1
- Estate planning 1
- Executors and administrators 1
- Real property -- Virginia 1
- University of Virginia. School of Law -- History 1 + ∧ less
- University of Virginia. School of Law 2
- Alford, Neill, H., Jr., 1919-2007 1
- Duke family 1
- Duke, Richard Thomas Walker (R. T. W.), 1822-1898 1
- Duke, William Eskridge, 1893-1959 1
- Duke, William R., 1849-1929 1
- Folk, Ernest L., III, 1930-1989 1
- Gilmer, Frank, 1857-1917 1
- Glasgow, Frank T., 1854-1917 1
- Hicks, R. Randolph, 1870-1951 1
- Lile, Maude Lee Carson, 1866-1942 1
- Lile, William Minor, 1859-1935 1
- Long, William F., 1874-1967 1
- Morris Plan Bank of Virginia 1
- Ranson, J. Baldwin, 1874-1905 1
- Ranson, Thomas D., 1843-1918 1
- Sadler, R. Watson, 1899-1957 1
- Simms, John Douglas, 1788-1844 1
- Stephenson, John Wilson, 1850-1921 1
- Tucker, Eleanor Lile, 1892-1973 1
- University of Georgia. School of Law 1
- Virginia. Supreme Court 1
- Walsh, Homan W., 1882-1963 1 + ∧ less