Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 29
The Clinton K. Curtis photograph albums (1880s; 0.5 cubic feet) contain 76 photographs (albumen prints, most mounted, some hand-colored, probably commercially produced and sold) of views and people in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, and Burma, collected by U.S. Navy officer Clinton K. Curtis.
This collection contains a single black and white photograph of a street with a Liberty Loan mural in Roanoke, Virginia from the George C. Davis studio.
Geology of the Narrows Region, Virginia typed manuscript (1920s; 0.03 cubic feet)is a manuscript by Elizabeth Barbara Mohr.
The Nunnally Johnson collection of Nathalia Crane papers (1923-1926; 0.03 cubic feet) collection contains correspondence of Nunnally Johnson relating to Nathalia Crane, a child author whose authenticity was questioned. There are 14 letters from Nathalia Crane to Nunnally Johnson; 1 letter from HM Crist to Johnson, and 1 letter from Clarence Crane. Also included is a typescript poem "The First Writer," two photographs of Crane, and one graphite self-portrait by Crane.
Route 250 Bypass Interchange at McIntire Road Project, Charlottesville, Virginia, Documentation Packets
Secretariat photograph, Triple crown winning horse, with his groom, Eddie Sweat, at New York's Aqueduct race track in 1973 consists of 0.03 cubic feet. The horse was greeted by a crowed of 32,990 cheering fans as he paraded through the stretch between races.
Frank Shay photograph (1935; 0.03 cubic feet)contains one black and white promotional photograph.
The E.W. Smith photograph album (1917-1921; 0.2 cubic foot) documents Smith's service in Battery A of the United States Army's 148th Field Artillery at the end of World War I. The bulk of the photographs document Smith's travels in Germany in 1918 and 1919, with other subjects ranging from training at Camp Mills, New Jersey and Camp Merritt, New York to postwar family vacations.
Two black and white photographs of the interior of the University of Virginia Newcomb Hall bookstore. One photograph may be of Eleanor (Joyner) Gibson who was a graduate of UVA and started the bookstore (1960's).